Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Talk about a Daddy's Girl

About 1:30am last night Addison woke Erik and I up SCREAMING at the top of her lungs (which is her new thing by the way) and so we went into her room and I tried to calm her down while Erik went to put on a bottle. I couldn't get her to calm down - so I picked her up (I know - BIG no-no) and she calmed down instantly. I sat there rocking her and when Erik came back into the room, she looked up at him and said "Da-Da". Erik and I couldn't believe it!! He walked up to take her from me and she said it again!! In fact while he was feeding her she said "Da" or Da-Da" at least another 4 times. He put her back in her crib when she was done eating and we could hear her "talking" for about 10 minutes and she just kept saying "Da...........""Da........." over and over and over ;) Hard to be annoyed about the lack of sleep when she was being SO DARN cute!

To top it off this morning when I was getting her ready for school - she looked right up at me and said "Da Da". I think we are going to have to start working on Ma-ma. ;)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Precious aren't they? You have quite the little talker on your hands. I think she is saying more words than Reagan by the sounds of things!!