Tuesday, February 27, 2007

20 week appt update

Well we went to the doctor yesterday and all seems to be good! Our ultrasound was about 35 minutes long and her heart beat was a strong 150 BPM. She has 5 fingers on each hand, 5 toes on each foot and weighs 9 oz. They guessed she is about 10 inches long, but they don't do an official length measurement because they said its not accurate. They found all 4 chambers of her heart but couldn't get a good picture of her aortic arch, so I have to have another ultrasound at my 24 week appt (bummer :) ) They also re-checked to make sure our little peanut is a girl, and sure enough she kept her legs crossed Indian style up until the end. She gave us a couple really good kicks and the tech confirmed she is ALL girl :) A very modest little girl.

As far as my health goes they said about 10-12 lbs is in the normal rage for weight gain @ 20 weeks, and I am up about 7 lbs. My blood pressure is in the normal range, but a little on the high side. (Which it usually is even when I was not pregnant). So our doctor said she hasn't labeled me as "High Blood Pressure" yet - but she would rather err on the side of caution and will make her decision next week. She said with that comes weekly appts starting at 30 weeks, and I will most likely be induced (if I don't go into labor on my own) at 39 weeks (July 9, 2007). She told me that if I haven't gone into labor on my own by my due date, she will induce me then -so I will not be going beyond 40 weeks!! YAY!!

Addison is still moving up a storm and yesterday was the first time where I could see her kick and feel a little kick at the same time! We got a bunch of cute pictures, and I already think her profile shot looks like she has Erik's lips :) We tried to get a 3D shot, but she wouldn't cooperate and put her hands up by her face, so we really couldn't see much. Erik and I plan on getting a 3D ultrasound around 30 weeks - that will be SO neat! The tech said anything after 28 weeks will give you some good pictures because the baby will have started to accumulate fat - and we will be able to see her features. I cannot wait! :)

No comments: