Friday, February 23, 2007

First blog for the little lady


Well after seeing my friend Mary's blog for her daughter Reagan (who is adorable!) I thought it would be a good idea to get one going for Addison so all of our family and friends that live so far away would be able to see her. We found out last week (2/15/07) that our little "Snapper" as Erik has been calling the baby is a GIRL! We are thrilled to know we are having a little lady! We have picked the name Addison Shea Landgren and she is due July 16, 2007. We have gone back and forth on names for months - (Erik wanted Madelyn, I didn't like the nickname Maddy - and I wanted Lily, which Erik thinks sounds horrible with our last name). One night we were watching Grey's Anatomy and I asked him what he thought of "Addison". Right away he loved it.. and we thought about it for around a month before deciding on her name. I just thought Shea was a cute middle name that sounded great with Addison.


I am already half way done with my pregnancy and its amazing how fast time has flown by! I feel pretty good (most of the time) and I have been feeling her kick me for 2 weeks now. That is the most AMAZING feeling ever! Soon her kicks will be strong enough for Erik to feel and I cannot wait. That picture at the top is from an ultrasound we had at 16.5 weeks.
I have my 20 week appt on Monday and cannot wait to get more pictures of her. Erik has been wonderful. He is very involved and has gone to every one of my appts. I think finding out that he was having a daughter made this experience all that more real to him. He has helped start her nursery (which is turning out SUPER cute.. I will post pictures later) and even helped pick out some really adorable outfits for her. We have 2 of the cutest dresses for her to wear at my sister Jessica's wedding in Aug.
I will try to update this as much as I can... more pictures to come soon!

No comments: