Monday, March 26, 2007

24 Week appt

Just got in from our 24 week appt. Addison's HB is 140 bpm, and she is 1.7lbs!! Hard to believe she is already a pound and a half!! She is already head down and the doctor said she will more than likely stay that way. She was head down at my 20 week appt as well, so the doc thinks that is her "comfy" spot. She was face up most of the appt and we got our first 3D shot of her!! She had both arms up around her face so its a little hard to see, but she already looks so much like a baby!! She was sucking on her fingers the whole time and we could even see her open her mouth on the 3D shot - and it looked like she was yawning!! Doc said she was "perfectly on track" for where she should be at this point and all looked wonderful with her! They found the money shot of her aortic arch and her heart looks perfect. I also had them double check Addison was still all girl - and she wasn't shy this time. So we have had 3 ultrasounds confirming she is a little lady!

Now on to me.... My BP was high again :( She officially labeled me as High Blood Pressure and with that comes the joy of weekly appts after 30 weeks and Non-Stress tests every appt. I will also get an ultrasound every appt (not complaining about that one bit ;) ) She will be taking blood and analyzing that along with urine samples. She also said my due date is more likely to be July 9, 2007 instead of July 16. They will monitor me closely and as we get closer to my EDD make the decision when to induce if I don't go on my own before 39 weeks. I am now on a sodium restricted diet (those of you who know me - know this is going to be SO hard to follow) but I will obviously do whatever I need to - to make sure this little monkey is healthy.

I have my glucose test next appt - YICK! I just hope that goes smoothly and I don't have to go back for the 3 hour. I gained 3lbs since last appt - which was well in the acceptable range, so that was a relief.

Other than that I feel good! I have felt better in the last 2 weeks than I have most of my pregnancy. Addison is moving around all the time and I love feeling her!! Erik hasn't felt her yet - she seems to quiet down the second her Dad tried to feel her move;) I am sure that it will only be a few more days and he will actually catch her!

No comments: