Monday, October 8, 2007

Hardest thing I have ever had to do....


Well I just got home from dropping Addison off at her first day of daycare. That is a picture of her right before we left. I got her in her car seat and tried not to cry the whole time while I was gathering up all her things. We got to the daycare and I didn't cry a tear (pretty darn proud of myself). We walked up to the front counter and I lost it :( Tears started streaming down my face and there was nothing I could do to stop them. Luckily the Asst. Director was SO nice and told me that I am not the first mother who has cried while dropping off her child. She gave me a Kleenex and I tried to hold it together to bring Addison in the room. She was sound asleep so I decided to just leave her in her car seat. I gave Robyn all of her things and saw which crib will be hers. She has the "prime" spot in my opinion. She has the crib in the way back - the least amount of noise and distractions. I was so worked up about leaving her that I forgot her formula and had to go back home to get it. So I left her there to go fetch her formula. Once I got into the 4Runner I started bawling :( It was honestly one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I called Erik and pretty much cried all the way home. On the way back to the daycare Erik's Mom called me and had some comforting words... I think this will just take time. I dropped off the formula and there was now another baby in the room with Addison. His name is Julian and he is pretty cute. Addison was still sleeping in her car seat, so I dropped off the formula said thank you to Robyn (who told me that she thought Addison was adorable and to call anytime) and left. Again -I did okay until I got to the truck - then cried the whole way home :( I think this is going to be a long day. Its going to take all my will power not to go get her in an hour.... wish us luck that this gets easier - its got to right?!?!?!

1 comment:

The Kelley Family said...

jen-it is the hardest thing ever! BUT it does get easier and don't forget you aren't alone. i know how heart wrenching it is, but it just shows what a beautiful and strong bond you have build with Addison! you are a wonderful mommy! hang in there and remember you are not alone! - amanda