Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Martell Family Reunion 2009

A few weeks ago Avery and I flew to Savannah, GA to spend the weekend with my family. I haven't been to Savannah in YEARS, so it was wonderful to go out there - it brought back so many great memories from my childhood. It was also really important to me, for my Grandparents to meet Avery for the first time. Thanks a million to my Uncle Brad & Aunt Amy who made it possible for Avery and I to be there with everyone.
Avery was as AWESOME traveler!! I couldn't have asked for a better baby!! She didn't really sleep on the flights (much to my dismay) but she was super happy - and was a total sweetheart! We had a layover in Atlanta, and spent 3 wonderful days in Georgia.
Here are my grand-parents with my baby girl :) Addison & Avery are the only 2 Great-Grand children so far.

My wonderful Pop-Pop (and the reason - Avery has the middle name Frances)

My Dad & his brothers. My Uncles are HILARIOUS!! They are all super funny, and I think they are wonderful. From L-R: My Dad, Uncle Chris, Uncle Frank "Skeeter" & Uncle Brad.


We had a dinner for my grandparents at the club on Saturday night.

I love this picture of my Dad (Avery's Pop-Pop), Aunt Jessica & Miss Turduckin.


She is getting too darn big too fast!! She was hanging out with her Pop-Pop.



Avery & Pop-Pop.


My Brother In Law, Mike eating Scrapple for breakfast. This picture cracks me up because even though Michael looks disgusted.. he actually liked it. My Uncles decided they really wanted Scrapple for breakfast on one morning. When I asked what it was - I was told "mostly pork". If you know me - you would know this grosses me out beyond words!! I was then told when the butcher is done cutting the meat - they basically scrape all the left over bits (scraps) into a pot, and then package it - hence "Scrapple". You fry it up and eat it for breakfast. I could barely stomach the look of it (once I knew what it was). Apparently if you are thinking about trying Scrapple - you should dip it in maple syrup. At least that is what the word on the street is...

My cute cousins ;) From L-R: Hannah (holding Avery), Molly, Harrison & Christian. Molly & Hannah live in Bradenton, FL. Christian goes to Seton Hall and is a Sophomore this year, and Harrison lives in Greenwich, CT. I miss these guys!!


Great-Grandma snuggling with my little lady.

Just relaxing with the family -once everyone made it in. I cannot tell you how nice it was to see my family and just spend time in Savannah. We need to do it more often!!

No comments: