Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Where has my good sleeper gone?!?!

Well for the past 3-4 weeks I can officially say my daughter is no longer the excellent night sleeper she used to be :( She used to go down around 7pm and usually only need her paci once or twice and wake up at 5-5:30 to eat. Well those days are long gone. Its a struggle to keep her awake until 6:30pm, and she wakes up multiple times (by multiple I mean like 20 times!!) for her paci, as well as demands to eat at 11pm & 3am. So pretty much Erik and I have been working on little to no sleep. She has had a cold since her first week of starting daycare and I don't think that is helping her sleep either. We are going to try to slowly feed her a little less each feeding in the middle of the night and hope that tapers her off a bit. She went from eating about 24-26oz a day to almost 40!!! I think she overheard me talking about how she was under 20% for weight and is now trying to make a come back for her 4 month doc appt on Friday.


Even with her bad sleep habits - I can tell you she is one happy cat! She has been so animated the past few days. She loves watching the dogs and if I give her something to hold she will sit there and hold it with a death grip until I pry it away from her. She is also SUPER close to sitting up and rolling over. She doesn't really try to roll over when she is on her tummy, but when she is on her back, she will fling her body to one side and *almost* roll to her tummy. She is not sure where to put her arms -but she is sure trying! I am happy to report she can hold her head up now for the entire time she is on her tummy - that literally happened overnight!


Last weekend Erik and I had our first "date night" since Addison was born. We went to the Comedy Works downtown to see Matt Kirchen & Debra DiGiovanni. They were hilarious and we really appreciate that Addison's Aunt Erin was able to babysit so we could go out. Here is a picture of my little lady & her Aunt before we left:

Addison did okay for Erin. She got up a couple times for her paci (surprise, surprise) and then woke up at 9:30 demanding to eat. Thanks a million Aunt E for taking care of the squirrel! I will post more this weekend once Addison goes to her 4 month check up. I cannot believe my baby girl is already 4 months!

No comments: