Friday, April 10, 2009

Office Baby Shower

My co-workers "surprised" me with a baby shower yesterday and it was awesome! I say "surprised" b/c one of the people I work with told me about it the day before assuming I already knew about it. Regardless I was really surprised when I found out. I can honestly tell you that working for Arrow was the BEST career decision I could have made a year and a half ago. I am really happy here. Its close to home, my boss is really understanding about family issues (picking up Addison - ect..) and my co-workers for the most part are great! My stress level has gone down TREMENDOUSLY - and I cannot tell you how nice it is to work for a place where you are recognized and appreciated. Don't get me wrong - most of the FEI locations I worked for were wonderful. Just towards the end of my FEI career was really stressful and hard on me. Ok - enough work rant - on to the shower pictures.

My Lambie diaper cake. Isn't it so cute?!?!?! I love it! Addison loves it too - and I had to pry her little paws off of it last night. I am going to keep this thing in tact as long as possible. They got it to match Avery's nursery.

Here are a couple signs outside the conference room. My boss actually came up with the Surprise picture. I thought it was hilarious that he crossed out surprise :) The top sign with "Welcome baby Erikfer" comes from the fact that one of my co-workers decided if this baby was a boy he was going to be named Jerik, and Erikfer for a girl (combining Jen & Erik). I thought she had forgotten all about that once we told her we are naming her Avery - but none the less the entire conference room was DECKED out in Erikfer pictures :)

Some of my co-workers getting some food.

One side of the conference room - they got Little Cesar's Pizza & crazy bread which is my favorite!! I know some people find LC's disgusting - I think its delicious :) That is my good friend Ted in the green shirt. He is actually pretty good friends with Erik and they play on the same Basketball league. (They were D League Champs last season :) )
My office really did make yesterday special!! I am very lucky. They also got me a bunch of really cute outfits and a whole stash of Burt's Bee's baby care items.
2 weeks from today is officially my last day in the office!!! I had a check up this week - and was told I am not dilated or effaced AT ALL. My doc said she thought we would be on for the c-section on the 28th as the baby doesn't look to be coming early. The good news is my blood pressure is excellent, I am up a total of 9 lbs from the start of pregnancy, and besides being told my baby is more than likely going to be an 8-8 1/2 pounder I am just uncomfortable and ready to meet her!! I cannot wait to see my girls together for the first time!



No comments: