Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. We had a great relaxing day. July 4th has always been my favorite holiday. Even with the rainy weather we had today - it still proved to be a great day!

We started the day with Erik making us french toast & eggs. Erik and I decided to take the girls down to the Stonegate parade & party. Addison got to jump around in the bounce house and we went to the park for a bit. Once the girls got up from their naps, we went over to Lorie & my Dad's house and had a GREAT time hanging out with family. Craig even came over and it was great to see him. Addison has grown super attached to her Uncle Craig, and calls him "My Craig". Lorie even had a little party for Addy and we had strawberry shortcake & Addison got to open up some gifts. She got a cute outfit, pj's and a Diego & Baby Jaguar doll. Needless to say I had to pry Diego out of her hands before she went to sleep tonight. It was a really nice time. We originally planned to go down to the Lone Tree festivities - but it POURED rain most of the afternoon.

I miss going out to see the fireworks, but I know when the girls are a little older we will be able to do that again. As I am blogging - I can hear the fireworks outside (and if they wake up the girls.. the hoodlums that live next door are going to get it!) Hoodlums = the 15 year old neighbor kid & his friends who have stolen beer out of our garage on 2 separate occasions now. He is setting off some kind of smoke bomb - super loud firecracker right outside Addison's window. I know its the 4th of July.. but its almost 11pm for Pete's sake!!! (Wow - I guess I sound boring & old.. huh?!?!)

Here are some pictures from our great day:
Daddy & the ladies sporting their festive outfits.

Thanks to Aunt Jessica & Uncle Mike for this cute outfit.. I LOVE it!

My sweet, happy turduckin! Honestly she is such a sweetheart!



Heading down to the Stonegate parade. My Mom bought us this Sit N' Stand stroller - its WONDERFUL!! I use it daily!

We only want to go on the "big girl" swings these days.

Eating some fruit with Uncle Jack

Tim (Lorie's Brother), Addison & Lorie

Miss Avery hanging with her Aunt Tate (who was wearing her Celtic Woman dress) & Uncle Jack.

Below is the family hanging out before dinner. Craig & Leah convinced Jack they made his socks dissapear and he spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what they did with them ;)

No comments: