Thursday, December 18, 2008

Miss Avery makes her blog debut

I had my 21 week appt today and Miss Avery is measuring right on track. She is 11 oz, and was in the 40th percentile pretty much across the board with the exception of her legs - which were measuring closer to 80%! Heart beat is 153 bpm and she was moving all around. The doctor said she is going to call the hospital and schedule my repeat c-section for 4/28/09 or 4/30/09 first thing in the morning. She asked me which day I would prefer, but I told her as long as I can be the early surgery, I am okay with any day. They are supposed to call me sometime next week and let me know which day Avery will be born! Yahoo for April babies!!

They did find that I have placenta previa which means that my placenta is lying low in my uterus. They said its covering my cervix by 1.3cm and should hopefully move up & away as the baby & uterus grow through pregnancy. However, since I am having a c-section there is really no delivery risk to Avery or I, and they will just monitor it for the rest of my pregnancy. Sometimes placenta previa can lead to pre-term labor - and my doctor will just keep her eye on that as well.

I am down 7lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, BP is 112/70 and so far I am feeling great! I only get sick once in awhile now (thank goodness) and I have officially started to get excited about my little princess. I was having dreams that the ultrasound tech told me they were wrong - and Avery ended up being a boy - THANKFULLY today I got the reassurance that she is in deed fact a girl!

Here are some pictures from my ultrasound today. Sorry for the poor image quality. I have fairly low amniotic fluid due to being sick so much the past month, and I guess the pictures turn out better when your fluid levels are higher.

I am sure someday Avery will not be happy about this gender shot posted for everyone to see ;)


No comments: