Tuesday, March 24, 2009

34 1/2 week doc appt - no news is good news

Well I had my 34 1/2 week doc appt this morning. BP was 110/72 and I am up 1 lb from 2 weeks ago. We talked about pain med options for the c-section a little because I told Dr. Cassell that I really would like to be awake this time around for the birth. With Addison I had an epidural that had been placed 11 hours prior to my c-section and when they pinched me to see if I could feel anything before the surgery. I could feel EVERYTHING on my right side. I started to get really freaked out - so they ended up putting me under (for lack of a better term). The next thing I remember is being wheeled into my room and the nurse telling me I wasn't pregnant anymore. The next few hours were kinda foggy since I was still out of it; and I think my first memory of seeing Addison is when she was a couple hours old. Dr. Cassell assured me that this time they will do a spinal right before the surgery - and check to make sure everything is numb. My hopes are to be awake the whole time and able to hold my newest little lady as soon as she is born!

I am pretty uncomfortable - and OVER being pregnant at this point.. but that is to be expected right?!? Plus I am pretty excited to have a newborn again! New baby smell, tiny clothes & I cannot wait to see what Addison will think of her.

This weekend we brought up the bassinet and washed the remaining outfits and all the linens to get ready for Avery's arrival. Erik is going to clean out the car seat this weekend and then all we need to do is bring the pack n' play upstairs, install the car seat base and pack my bag for the hospital. We have a busy weekend coming up with family in town, and one of my best friends getting married - so I am sure we will get to that in a couple weeks. Being that they literally had to pry Addy out of me - I seriously doubt I will go into labor before my c-section date (though I do hope for that!!)

I don't have any pictures of Miss Addy Shea from last weekend - but I will take some soon. The second she sees my camera she runs away these days. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

1 comment:

The Martell Family said...

We are glad to hear that you are feeling good! At 34 weeks, you are almost to what I call "the safe zone." Once you hit 36 weeks and know she can breathe on her own, I know you will be very relieved. We leave Dubai on Tuesday night, and can't wait to see you all. Give everyone a hug from us! Love, Lorie, Craig, Tate and Jack