Monday, March 23, 2009

Keep the prayers coming please....

Here is the update that my Uncle Chris sent my Dad about Pop-Pop:

Got word yesterday afternoon that Dad has lung cancer in the form on a 2 cm x 3 cm tumor in the apex (top) of his lung and cancerous areas on the lining of the lung. Surgery is not an option because removal of the lung would incapacitate him if he was able to withstand the operation. They are going to use radiation to try to shrink the tumor and chemotherapy for the cancer on the lining of his lung. If they can shrink the tumor, it will relieve the pain on his left side because it is impinging on nerves.
They are pushing the oncologist to get on with the treatment. Dad is not eating much which is a problem with the treatment. He has to have some strength to get through the chemo and his current intake is not going to cut it.
Sket, Brad and I are planning to cover as much of the treatment period as we can. Mom needs help getting Dad to and from the hospital so we will work out a schedule.
Continue to keep M&D in your prayers.........more later after they meet with the radiologist.


Erik and I hope to visit Savannah sometime in late June with the girls if Pop-Pop is up to visitors. I hate living so far away and not being able to help him & Grandma out. Dad said I should hold off making any concrete plans for now and lets see how the treatments go :( I am happy that Pop-Pop has my Grandma & his dog with him though - my Uncles (who are all AWESOME) are all taking turns in GA and helping them out. I talked to Pop-Pop on the phone very briefly last Friday and he actually joked with me that Minnie (their dog) was going to get up and answer the phone for him, but she decided to keep sleeping on the couch. He LOVES that dog! Please keep him in your thoughts!

No comments: