Monday, May 14, 2007

The BEST Mother's Day Ever :)


So I have to brag for a minute about Erik. I have been a little snippy w/ him the past few weeks (I blame the pregnancy hormones...sorry honey) and have been giving him a hard time about not being more romantic & telling him I feel unappreciated. Anyway - this Sunday I woke up to the best surprise EVER. First off Sunday morning started with Erik getting out of bed w/ the dogs to take them out at around 7:00am. He was really quiet and just let me sleep. Around 8:30am, I wrapped up in MSB(Magic Sleeping Blanket) and went downstairs. Erik had just come in from getting us breakfast (McGriddles - MY FAVORITE - yes I know they are about the worst thing you can eat - but oh they are so good!) I also saw 2 bouquets of flowers sitting on the table. 24 long stem red roses from Erik, and a bouquet of flowers from Addison & the dogs. Erik then gave me a card telling me how much he loves & appreciates me and that I am a great "dog mom" and will be a great mother to our daughter. He also then gave me a box to open from Hallmark and it was the "Cherish" figurine by Willow Tree. Cherish is the pregnancy one, and I honestly love it. Erik was so thoughtful, and really made me feel very appreciated and loved!!! :) He then spent the day going w/ me to run errands and go to Tagawa Gardens to pick up some flowers for the front porch. He could have easily went to play basketball w/ his friends, but he spent the day with me & the dogs. I really had a wonderful day. Ok - enough of the mushy stuff - but I had to give him a shout out because he really put a lot of thought into Sunday - and I love him very much!

No comments: